Pistachio and Cranberry Sugar Cookie Recipe & Video
These Cranberry and Pistachio Cookies are sweet, salty and buttery soft. The cookie packs great texture in a single bite – crunchy, salty pistachios and tart, chewy dried cranberries.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the terms page for more information.
These cookies, full of dried cranberries and pistachios, are a favorite among my customers around the holidays. Festive color adds a punch to holiday gift baskets which your friends will be delighted to receive.
Cranberry and Pistachio Cookie Ingredients:
- Pistachios: You need a 3/4 of a cup of pistachios. Personally I don’t want to shell that many pistachios so I purchase them already shelled and salted.
- Cranberries: Use dried cranberries for this cookie recipe. There are a multitude of good brands available on the market.
- Bring the butter and egg to room temperature prior to mixing the batter. Room temperature ingredients incorporate well and avoid a grainy, broken batter.
- What else do you need? All-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and a bit of salt.
FAQs on the Pistachio Cranberry Cookies
Can I make these into White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies:
In my opinion, white chocolate was made to be paired with pistachios and cranberries! A few options if you want to dress up these cookies even more: 1) drizzle the cooled cookies with melted white chocolate, or 2) add 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
How to Store the Pistachio Cranberry Cookies?
Store the baked cookies in an airtight container and keep at room temperature for up to 5 days. Or freeze the cookies for up to three months (this is helpful if you want to get a jump on your holiday baking)!
Can I dry my own cranberries?
Absolutely you can dry your own! Check out this article from All Recipes for the technique to dry your own.
Cranberry and Pistachio Sugar Cookies
- 343 grams All-Purpose Flour 2 ¾ cups
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 300 grams Granulated Sugar 1 ½ cups
- 225 grams Unsalted Butter, room temperature 8 ounces / 2 sticks
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 75 grams Dried Cranberries ¾ cup
- 90 grams Pistachios ¾ cup
- Prepare two baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Using a hand-held or stand- mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add the pistachios and dried cranberries and mix until evenly distributed.
- Roll rounded balls of dough (approximately 2 teaspoons each) and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes. The cookies will be a light golden color on top.
- Remove pans from oven and let cool for 5 minutes then move to cool completely on wire racks.
- Optional: melt white chocolate and drizzle over finished cookies.