Easy Chocolate Raspberry Valentine’s Day Tarts
These homemade Chocolate Raspberry Valentine’s Day tarts are ideal for any day! Valentine’s Day is all about love and decadent desserts. So get out your whisk, turn on some music and whip up these scrumptious tarts for your loved ones. These rustic tarts will put you in the mood for a little romance!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the terms page for more information.
Why not surprise your significant other with a home-baked chocolaty tart – or better yet, make it together. These are best made the day you are serving. You may make the tarts the day before if pressed for time. If you do, place in an airtight container and store at room temperature.
Tips for making the Chocolate Raspberry Tart:
Only a few ingredients are needed for this dessert:
- Eight pre-rolled crusts in 4″ tart pans. I recommend our Sweet Pie Crust recipe.
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder and salt
- Bring the eggs and half & half to room temperature before starting the recipe.
- Use the freshest raspberries you can find.
Mixing the chocolate filling:
The success in making these Valentine’s Day tarts is in the mixing of the chocolate filling. I recommend sifting the cocoa powder to ensure the batter is not lumpy. Also, use a whisk for mixing to ensure the wet ingredients are well incorporated.
Filling the tart shells:
Place three fresh raspberries into each of the tart shells. Add more if you want a stronger raspberry flavor.
Use a large glass measuring cup to add the filling to the tart shells. The batter is very thin and this technique will make pouring easier to control.
There are countless ways to decorate this chocolate raspberry tart for Valentine’s Day. Consider adding a heart shaped cookie to the tart after baking. Or, drizzle with raspberry preserves. Also, you can never go wrong with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream on the tart.
These Valentines day tarts are baked in 4″ tart pans with a removeable bottom. The removeable bottom will save you much frustration when trying to remove the tarts.
Check out this article for a great explanation from Santa Barbara Chocolate.
Chocolate Raspberry Tarts
- 8 4" tart pans with removeable bottoms
- 8 Pre-rolled crust in 4" tart pans Recommended our Sweet Dough recipe
- 300 Grams Granulated Sugar (1.5 cups)
- 3 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs Room temperature
- 2 Ounces Melted Butter (4 TBSP)
- ¾ Cup Half and Half (6 fluid ounces)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ pint Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder and salt in medium sized bowl.
- Add eggs, melted butter and half & half. Whisk well to combine
- Place 3 (or more) raspberries in each tart shell.
- Pour mixture over the raspberries in the tart shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool tarts before serving.