Individual Serving Blueberry Lemon Pies Recipe
This Blueberry Lemon pies recipe creates delicious and easy individual dessert servings. The pies are baked in a puff pastry crust filled with a creamy lemon filling and fresh blueberries.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the terms page for more information.
These Lemon Blueberry pies are reminiscent of a blueberry cheesecake - but quicker and easier to make. The blueberries are tossed in a lemon cream cheese filling. Then the filling is added to mini-pie pans lined with a flaky puff pastry crust and baked to perfection.
This recipe makes an ideal dessert to serve guests after dinner since they only take 20 minutes to bake. You can make the blueberry lemon pies during the day and place in the fridge. Simply pop these in the oven while the coffee is brewing. In no time your guests will have freshly baked individual pie serving!
Tips for making the Blueberry Lemon Pies:
These individual blueberry lemon pies are made in mini-cast iron skillets but any 4" pie or tart pan will work nicely.
The blueberry lemon pie filling may be mixed using a hand-mixer or stand-mixer. You may also mix it by hand using a rubber spatula but it will take a bit of time (approximately 5 minutes).
- Puff pastry: you may make your own (see my recipe here) or purchase pre-made dough. Roll out the puff pastry and cut four 6" circles. Place the dough in the individual pie pans so it is extends past the edges of the pan.
- Pie filling:
- Cream cheese: full fat and room temperature will work best for the recipe
- Egg: bring to room temperature before mixing the pie filling
- Lemon juice and zest: one medium-sized lemon is sufficient. If preferred, use 1 teaspoon lemon extract in place of the zest and juice.
- Granulated sugar
- Blueberries! Rinse the blueberries and allow to dry on a paper towel before using
Yes. Defrost the frozen blueberries and drain excess juices. Place drained blueberries on a plate lined with a paper towel and allow to dry for at least 20 minutes.
Yes! Use a 9" pie or tart pan. Place a circle of puff pastry in the pan (the dough should overhang the pan by at least 1"). Add the filling, fold the puff pastry over the filling and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this individual blueberry lemon pie recipe as much as my friends and family do!
Individual Blueberry Lemon Pies
- Hand Mixer or
- 4 Circles Puff Pastry (cut to 6" circles)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice One medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest One medium lemon
- 50 Grams Granulated sugar (¼ cup)
- 1 Large Egg, room temperature
- 226 Grams Cream Cheese, room temperature (8 ounces)
- 1 Pint Fresh blueberries Rinsed and dried
Egg Wash and Sugar Topping
- 1 Large Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 Tablespoon Raw or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Cut out four 6" circles of puff pastry. Place in mini pie pans.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Add cream cheese and granulated sugar to a medium-sized bowl. Mix until no lumps remain.
- Add the egg, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add the blueberries and toss gently.
- Place blueberry filling on top of the puff pastry in each mini-pie pan.
- Fold the overhanging puff pastry over the filling (leave at least a 1"opening to allow steam to escape)
- Brush the puff pastry with a lightly whipped egg. Sprinkle with raw or granulated sugar.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. Filling will have risen and puff pastry will be a dark golden color.
- Place pies on a cooling rack and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.