Easy Peanut Butter Mousse Recipe for Cake Fillings, Parfaits and Pies
A creamy peanut butter mousse recipe perfect for filling cakes, tarts, parfaits or just eating by the spoonful! This recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare and is great for those summer days you have no desire to turn on the oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the terms page for more information.
I make this recipe often at my bakery as it is so versatile. I primarily use it in my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie but I don't stop there! Following are just a few of the desserts my shop creates with this mousse:
- Use it as a filling for cakes - just let it set in the refrigerator for an hour and it will firm up so you can pipe with it.
- Fill a parfait glass by layering chocolate ganache, bananas and peanut butter mousse. Top it off with a caramelized banana slice or peanut brittle for a little crunch.
- Pipe it into mini-chocolate cups and drizzle with chocolate ganache for a Reese's style treat.
- For a gluten-free 'cake,' spread the mousse into a 9" round cake pan, sprinkle peanuts and chocolate shavings on top, pop in the fridge for an hour and you will have a sliceable cake.
What type of peanut butter to use?
So many choices for peanut butter! Use your choice of chunky or creamy - I prefer texture in the mousse so I usually use chunky peanut butter. Be sure to mix the peanut butter well if using natural peanut butter so the oil and peanuts are homogenous.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- Hand Mixer or
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature Use full fat cream cheese
- 8 Ounces Peanut Butter (crunchy or smooth) (1 Cup)
- 4 ½ Ounces Confectioner's Sugar (1 Cup)
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounces)
- 1 ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Place cream cheese and peanut butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (a hand mixer may also be used). Mix together until well combined, scraping the bowl and needed.
- Add powdered sugar to the bowl and mix until combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to the bowl and mix until combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Using a clean bowl, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks form. Gently fold into the peanut butter mixture.
- Chill until set.
That's a great way to have peanut butter. I love the consistency of mousse.
Your peanut butter mousse recipe is simply divine! The creamy texture and rich peanut butter flavor make it a perfect dessert for any occasion.
Thank you for the feedback!
Sonia Seivwright says
This gives giving posh restaurant dessert vibe. And I love it.
This looks so delicious and I happen to have all the ingredients at home. I'm gonna have to make it this week! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Betty Lindy says
This is so good. I made it to fill chocolate cups and ate so much of it by the spoonful I was worried I would not have enough for the cups...lol.
Used this in parfaits with peanuts and chocolate cake crumbs. Really delicious.