Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Pecans
This Pumpkin Bundt Cake recipe produces a quick holiday dessert that is delicious and unique. The pumpkin pound cake is moist and full of spices. Running through the cake is a tunnel of cream cheese and pecan goodness which enhances the texture and taste of this treat. An added bonus of making this dessert is your house will smell festive and welcoming!
Tips for Making the Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Swirl:
How to Prepare the Bundt Cake Pan:
- This is a simple Bundt cake to prepare, so not much can go wrong except when you unmold it. Spend a little extra time preparing your pan to lessen the chances of the cake not releasing properly. Generously spray the pan with baking spray making sure to get the spray into any little crevices. Use a paper towel to remove any excess spray that may have pooled in the pan’s crevices. Alternatively, melt a few tablespoons of butter and brush the pan well with the melted butter. Next, using a fine mesh sifter, sprinkle flour into the pan and tap out the excess.
Creating the Cream Cheese and Pecan Filling:
- The star of this cake is the tunnel of baked cream cheese and pecan filling running around the center. Allow your cream cheese to come to room temperature before mixing the filling- this will allow you to make a nice creamy filling with no lumps!
- Lightly toast the pecans and chop into small pieces before adding to the filling. To toast the pecans simply place in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. This should only take 3 – 5 minutes (you will know they are done when they start releasing an aroma).
Adding the Cream Cheese Swirl for the Pumpkin Bundt Cake:
- Assembling the batter in the Bundt Pan:
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth with a spatula making a small well in the center. Using a piping bag, pipe a circle of the cream cheese/pecan mixture in a circle into the well you just made – taking care not to touch the sides of the pan. Add the second half of the batter to the pan and smooth with a spatula. Your cake is now ready for the oven!
How to Unmold a Bundt Cake:
- Once the pumpkin Bundt cake is finished baking, place on a cooling rack and allow to rest for one hour.
- After an hour, invert the cake onto a serving platter. Place the platter over the top of the Bundt cake pan, and holding both the platter and the pan, flip the cake and it will release onto the platter.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Filling and Pecans
- Bundt Cake Pan
- 340 Grams all-purpose flour (sifted) (2 ¾ Cups)
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 15 Ounce Canned Pumpkin Puree (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 213 Grams Light Brown Sugar (1 Cup)
- 8 Fluid Ounces Vegetable Oil (1 Cup)
- 4 Large Eggs (room temperature)
Pecan Cream Cheese Filling
- ¾ Cup Toasted Pecans (finely chopped)
- 12 Ounces Cream Cheese (full fat) (room temperature)
- 100 Grams Granulated Sugar (½ cup)
- 1 Large Egg (room temperature)
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 TBSP Water
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare a 9" round Bundt cake pan by spraying generously with baking spray.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the granulated sugar and one egg. Continue to mix until well combined. Stir in the pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg. Whisk to combine ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add the pumpkin puree, oil, brown sugar and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan. Spread evenly and make a small 'well' in the center.
- Pipe or spoon the filling into the well you just created in the cake batter.
- Add remaining cake batter and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for one hour. After cooling, invert the Bundt pan onto a serving platter.
- Stir together the confectioners sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and water. Slowly spoon the glaze over the Bundt cake. Add more confectioners sugar if you prefer a thicker icing.