These Pumpkin Chiffon Parfaits are the ideal dessert to add to your holiday table - full of light and creamy pumpkin chiffon and cinnamon-spiced whipped cream. Finish the parfaits as desired by sprinkling with chopped pecans, ginger cookie crumbles, toasted coconut or any other topping you would like.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the terms page for more information.
What I like about this recipe
The pumpkin chiffon in this parfait is light and airy with hints of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Just place these on your dessert table and you have some lovely individual servings.
Use mason jars with lids as these are the perfect favor to send home with your guests. Give them a little reminder of the time they spent with you - plus, they will have a treat to enjoy when they arrive home.
Pumpkin chiffon video
Be sure to watch our YouTube Pumpkin Chiffon Tart video for a visual guide on how to make the chiffon.
Pumpkin Chiffon Parfaits Recipe
- 12 6 ounce mason jars with lids
- 300 Grams Pumpkin Puree (do not use pumpkin pie filling) 1 ¼ cup
- 150 Grams Light Brown Sugar ¾ cup
- 4 Large Egg Yolks (save the whites - you need these later in the recipe)
- 4 Fluid Ounces Whole Milk ½ cup
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 10 Grams Powdered Gelatin (1 TBSP)
- 3 tablespoon Cold Water For dissolving gelatin
- 4 Large Egg Whites Preferably room temperature - the whites will whip better at room temp.
- 100 Grams Granulated Sugar (½ cup)
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1½ Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ⅓ Cup Confectioners Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the cold water and set aside to allow gelatin to set.
- Combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, milk, egg yolks, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a heat-proof bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Bring a pot of water to a low steam. Place the bowl on top of the pan of steaming water. Notes: 1) the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water, and 2) the water should not be boiling.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture occasionally (every 3 - 5 minutes). Continue to heat the mixture until it reaches 160° F - 180° F.
- Add the set gelatin to the bowl and whisk until the gelatin is completely melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl. Begin mixing using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Mix on medium speed until the egg whites appear foamy. Continue mixing while slowly pouring in the granulated sugar. Continue to mix until egg whites reach medium peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cooled pumpkin mixture.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Place heavy cream, confectioners sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon in a bowl. Whip the cream until medium peaks form.
- Spoon pumpkin chiffon into mason jars until ¼ full. Add a thin layer of whipped cream. Spoon more pumpkin chiffon into the mason jars and finish with a swirl of whipped cream.
- Add additional items to the top of the parfait as desired (e.g. chopped pecans, toasted coconut, ginger cookie crumbles, etc...)