What I like about this tart
This Almond Frangipane Blueberry Tart recipe is one of those desserts you will want to make time and again! The almond frangipane offers a nutty, creamy element while the blueberries provide a sweet and tangy burst of flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the terms page for more information.
What is Almond Frangipane?
Almond frangipane is a mixture of butter, sugar, almond flour, eggs and all-purpose flour. It is a baked pastry cream filling that has a sweet, nutty taste so it pairs well with many fruit and chocolate tarts, pies and other desserts. Once baked it has the consistency of an airy sponge cake, just a bit heavier.
How to video
Follow the steps in the recipe card below. If you are a visual learner check out my YouTube video to visually guide you through the process.
- A 9" or 10" tart pan with a rolled pie crust. I prefer a sturdy yet tender crust for the blueberry almond frangipane tart. Check out my Sweet Dough recipe (aka Sucree Dough) for the tart as it produces a soft cookie-like crust. There is no need to pre-bake or par-bake the crust before assembling the tart. The dessert will spend sufficient time in the oven to fully bake the crust.
- Granulated sugar and all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour may be used)
- Unsalted butter and eggs: bring both of these ingredients to room temperature before making the filling. Cold ingredients can cause the frangipane filling to curdle while mixing.
- Almond flour: Use a finely ground almond flour. Blue Diamond and Bob's Red Mill both make a high-quality almond flour.
- Fresh blueberries: rinse and dry the blueberries prior to adding to the tart filling.
Cover the tart in foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving. The tart may also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Yes. First, defrost the blueberries and strain any excess juice. Next, place the blueberries on a paper towel and allow to dry for 20 minutes.
Blueberry Almond Frangipane Tart Recipe
- 1 9" or 10" Tart Pan (with removable bottom)
- 1 Rolled Tart Crust (unbaked) (see link for my sweet pie dough recipe)
- 3.5 Ounces Granulated Sugar (½ Cup)
- 4 Ounces Butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 6 Ounces Almond Flour (1 ½ Cups)
- 2 Large Eggs Room Temperature
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Fresh blueberries, rinsed
- Place softened butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (a hand mixer may also be used).
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add room temperature eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Stir in almond flour.
- Stir in all-purpose flour.
- Gently stir in blueberries
- Spread frangipane evenly on top of the dough in the tart pan.
- Place tart in refrigerator and preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake tart for 35 - 40 minutes. Check tart occasionally and wrap loosely in foil with slits cut out if the tart is turning too dark.
- Cool completely before serving.