These Mango Cupcakes are light and fluffy on the inside and topped with a mango curd and cream cheese icing. The cupcakes offer a delightful twist to traditional cupcake flavors, incorporating the unique and tropical taste of mango. The recipe consists of a soft vanilla cupcake, cream cheese icing and a mango curd topping.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the terms page for more information.
Mango cupcake ingredients
You need the following ingredients for the cupcake batter: all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, room temperature eggs, vegetable oil, room temperature whole milk and vanilla extract.
Cream cheese icing ingredients
You need the following ingredients for the cream cheese icing: confectioner's sugar (aka powdered sugar), room temperature cream cheese, vanilla extract and room temperature butter.
The following short video demonstrates the process to create the cupcakes:
Making the cupcakes is fairly simple by following the instructions in the recipe card below Add the toppings and any decoration you want after the cupcakes cool completely. For the toppings, pipe two circles of cream cheese icing on the outer edge of the cupcake (note: the second circle is piped directly on top of the first circle). The cream cheese is the vessel for holding the curd. Next, spoon the mango curd on the top of the cupcake.
- Mangos and coconut were made for each other! Add a cup of shredded coconut to the cupcake batter or sprinkle toasted coconut over the finished cupcake
- Need even more mango punch in your treat? Dig out a small hole in the cupcake and fill with mango curd.
The mango curd and cream cheese icing are both perishable and require refrigeration. Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Remove from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature approximately one hour prior to serving.
- Cupcake Pans (makes 12 cupcakes)
- Cupcake Liners
- Hand Mixer or
- Liquid Measuring Cups
- 195 Grams All Purpose Flour 1 ½ cups
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 200 Grams Granulated Sugar 1 cup
- 2 Large Eggs Room Temperature
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- ⅓ Cup Whole Milk Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Icing
- 113 Grams Cream Cheese, full fat/room temperature ½ cup / 4 ounces
- 58 Grams Butter, room temperature ¼ cup / 2 ounces
- 250 Grams Confectioner's sugar (sifted) 2 cups
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Batch Mango Curd (store bought or homemade) See link for mango curd recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cupcake pans by placing liners in 12 cavities.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Add sugar and eggs to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes (note a hand mixer or whisk may also be used).
- Add the vanilla extract and mix briefly.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add one-half of the milk and vegetable oil and mix until incorporated. Add another third of the flour mixture and mix till smooth. Add the remaining oil and milk and mix till smooth. Finally, add the remaining flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full of batter.
- Bake for 20 - 24 minutes.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Place the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a mixer. Mix on medium speed until well combined. Add the confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Mix for 2 - 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe two circles of cream cheese icing on the outer edge of the cupcake (note: the second circle is piped directly on top of the first circle).
- Fill with mango curd.
- Decorate as desired.